New Seattle Seaplane Service Launches April 26th!
Harbour Air is thrilled to announce a new seaplane service between downtown Vancouver and downtown Seattle, launching Thursday, April 26, 2018!
In a joint venture with Seattle-based Kenmore Air, the new one-hour route will be Harbour Air’s first international scheduled service, offering two daily round-trip flights, Monday through Friday and one rountd-trip flight Sundays.
Flights are now available for purchase online, in person or by phone (1.800.665.0212 or 604.274.1277).
Connecting the two cities’ downtowns, the initial spring schedule will include two morning and afternoon flights between Harbour Air’s Coal Harbour terminal in downtown Vancouver and Lake Union in downtown Seattle. The service will also offer an additional stop at Kenmore Air’s Seaplane Base on Lake Washington.
|Seattle to Vancouver|
|Dep Lake Washington||Dep Lake Union||Arr Vancouver||Days|
|7:30 am||8:00 am||9:05 am||Sun.-F|
|3:45 pm||4:10 pm||5:15 pm||M-F|
|Vancouver to Seattle|
|Dep Vancouver||Arr Lake Union||Arr Lake Washington||Days|
|9:30 am||10:30 am||11:05 am||Sun.-F|
|5:40 pm||6:45 pm||7:15 pm||M-F|
The new route will allow passengers to travel quickly, easily and conveniently between Seattle and Vancouver, saving hours in driving and traditional airport travel time. Border control will be available upon landing for efficient processing, allowing travelers to maximize their time across the border. Click here to read the full media release.
For more information and details on the Seattle seaplane service see our frequently asked questions below.
For more information, call one of our friendly reservations agents at 1.800.665.0212 or click here to book now!
- Q: Is this route a Kenmore Air or Harbour Air flight?
- A: This new route is a joint venture between Kenmore Air and Harbour Air, with flights operated by each airline.
- Q: How much will the tickets cost?
- A: A one-way flight will retail at $285 USD ($370.50 CAD).
- Q: How do I purchase tickets?
- A: Each airline’s flights will be available for purchase online, in person or through the reservations department at both Kenmore Air (1.866.435.9524) and Harbour Air (1.800.665.0212). Tickets may be purchased online at www.harbourair.com and www.KenmoreAir.com.
- Q: When does the route launch?
- A: The Seattle/Vancouver seaplane route will launch on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
- Q: How long is the flight? Where are the terminals located?
- A: The flight time is one hour between Coal Harbour in Vancouver, B.C. and Lake Union in Seattle. The service will also offer an additional stop at Kenmore Air’s Seaplane Base on Lake Washington.
- Q: What is the planned flight schedule?
- A: The round-trip service will run twice daily, Monday-Friday, offering a one-hour flight time between the two cities. Initially, the morning flight will depart Lake Washington at 7:30 am and Lake Union at 8:00 am, arriving in Coal Harbour at 9:05 am, returning from Coal Harbour at 9:30 am. There will also be an afternoon service, departing Lake Washington at 3:45 pm and Lake Union at 4:10 pm, arriving in Coal Harbour at 5:15 pm, returning from Coal Harbour at 5:40 pm.
- Q: What time is check in?
- A: Passengers must check in at least 45 minutes prior to departure time.
- Q: Do I need to show photo ID at check in?
- A: We do require a valid passport for anyone upon check-in for the international seaplane service. Please have Passport prepared before checking in for your flight. Please note, as per Canadian and American customs procedures, Passport Cards and NEXUS cannot be used for this flight service. Each passenger must also provide an address of where they will be staying during their visit.
- Q: What are the benefits of travelling between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. by seaplane?
- A: The seaplane service will allow passengers to travel quickly, easily and conveniently between Seattle and Vancouver, saving hours in driving and/or traditional airport travel time. Border control will be available upon landing for efficient processing, allowing travelers to maximize their time across the border.
- Q: Do I have to travel through customs?
- A: Yes. As an international flight, all travelers – regardless of age or citizenship – flying between the United States and Canada in either direction are required to present a current, valid passport book and will be subject to a customs inspection. Custom facilities are available onsite at Harbour Air’s downtown Vancouver terminal and Kenmore Air’s Seattle locations.
- Q: How much luggage can I travel with?
- A: Each fare includes up to 25lbs of total guaranteed baggage weight per person. This includes all luggage, including hand-carry items such as purses, laptops and backpacks. Depending on the aircraft and weight availability, excess baggage presented at check-in can be purchased on a space-available basis for a fee of $1.50/lb CAD.
Guaranteed carriage of additional baggage over 25lbs, may be reserved in advance according to the fee structure in the table below by calling our reservations team at 1.800.665.0212
Baggage Amount Up to 50lbs 51 - 150 lbs Cost $96 CAD $370.50 CAD
- Q: What aircraft will I be flying on?
- A: Kenmore Air’s flights will use its DeHavilland Single Otter aircraft. Harbour Air will operate with its new Cessna Caravan Ex.
- Q: How many passengers do the seaplanes hold?
- A: Each flight can accommodate 9 passengers.
- Q: Will there be wi-fi on board or other ways for business travelers to work while in the air?
- A: Wi-fi will not be available on the flights.
- Q: Is parking available at your locations?
- A: Pay parking is available in both locations. Harbour Air’s Vancouver location also offers passengers a Valet Service.
- Q: Is there a shuttle service?
- A: Harbour Air offers a complimentary drop-off shuttle service to help get you where you need to be. Upon arrival in Vancouver there is a service area available within the downtown offices and hotels to help coordinate your drop off. From mid-March through October, Kenmore Air offers a direct ground shuttle service from Lake Union to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport for $15/person.
- Q: What happens in the event of adverse weather or cancellations?
- A: With many years of experience operating in the Pacific Northwest, both Kenmore Air and Harbour Air have a strong track record of delivering safe and reliable service. Passenger comfort and safety is a top priority and severe West Coast weather conditions can occasionally cause service to be cancelled temporarily. If we are unable to get passengers to their destination due to extreme weather, we will do our best to help keep passengers moving.