Click below to read answer to commonly asked questions specific to our Freight services. Still have questions? Call our Freight department at 604.233.3501 for assistance.
- Q: Can I transport Dangerous Goods with Harbour Air
- A: No, Harbour Air does not accept Dangerous Goods for shipment. If you are unsure about an item, please call our Freight department at 604.233.3501.
- Q: Can I transport live animals/pets?
- A: Yes, Harbour Air welcomes everyone on board, including pets! Animals must travel in a hard-shelled travel carrier which must not exceed 30"L (76cm) X 18"W (45cm) X 24"H (61cm). The total weight of the carrier and pet must not exceed 35 lbs. Please note, a live animal handling fee applies to pets shipped between Vancouver and Tofino. Click here to find out more information about pet travel.
- Q: Do you privde boxes/envelopes for shipments?
- A: No, customers are required to provide their own secure packaging for shipments.
- Q: How long will my parcel(s) be held for pick up at the Harbour Air terminal?
- A: Unclaimed items will be held for 30 days. After one month, items will either be discarded or donated if appropriate.
- Q: Can I send a parcel collect and have the receiver pay when picking it up?
- A: Yes, freight items may be shipped collect. The receiver will need to pay for the shipment before the item will be released.
- Q: What are the size restrictions for parcels being shipped?
- A: Packages are limited to the available space on the aircraft. Please see the dimension limits for each aircraft below. Single items weighing between 50 lbs and 125 lbs will only be accepted according to specific requirements. Please inquire with our Freight department to learn more.
- Q:Until what time are your terminals open for freight pickup?
- A: The hours of operation vary seasonally, please call us at 1.800.665.0212 to find out specific times for each location.
- Q: Do you have a refrigerated area to store my parcel?
- A: No, unfortunately our terminals are not equipped to store packages that require refrigeration.