Turbo Tickets & New Turbo Trade-Up
Turbo Tickets are the best way to fly standby with Harbour Air. Here's everything you need to know about how to fly with a Turbo Ticket, including a whole new way to go that makes travel even easier!
Two ways to use Turbo Tickets:
It's never been easier to fly standby! Turbo Tickets may now be used one of two ways, either fly traditional Turbo Ticket standby or boost your ticket using the new trade-up option to fly confirmed!
- How to fly using traditional Turbo Ticket standby:
- • Arrive at the Harbour Air terminal and check-in with a friendly agent as a standby passenger.*
• We'll place you in the standby queue and do our best to accommodate you as soon as possible based on our flight loads.
• When we have a seat available for you, we'll call you back to the check-in counter to confirm your flight, so be sure you stay nearby!
• Grab your boarding pass, check your bag and fly on!
*Guests departing from Tofino or Maple Bay, please call 1.800.665.0212 to be listed as standby.
- Here are a few things to know about flying traditional Turbo Ticket standby
- • Most Turbo Tickets carry a baggage weight restriction which is clearly printed on the ticket itself. If your Turbo Ticket does not include an allowance, it is equivalent to a goFLEX fare, which includes a 25 lb baggage allowance. When travelling standby, all baggage travels space available. We will always work to accommodate bags on the same flight with passengers, though certain circumstances may necessitate bags travelling separately.
• When traveling on traditional Turbo Ticket standby, all taxes and fees associated with the full fare must be paid by the passenger once confirmed.
• Sorry, unaccompanied minors (11 & under) may not travel using traditional Turbo Ticket standby.
- How to trade-up your Turbo Ticket to fly confirmed:
- • At the terminal, online or by phone, book a confirmed seat on the available flight of your choice, as far in advance as you wish. You can even fly during Turbo Ticket blackout periods in the mornings and afternoons!
• At check-in, present a Turbo Ticket and we'll credit you $50 towards your confirmed fare. You may apply up to four (4) Turbo Tickets towards a one-way flight. The balance can be paid by cash, credit card or debit.
• Grab your boarding pass, sit back & relax knowing that you're confirmed!
- Here are a few things to know about Turbo Ticket Trade-Up
- • Please remember, once you have booked a confirmed seat, you may not cancel your booking and fly Traditional Turbo Ticket standby within the same day on the same route.
• Turbo Tickets traded-up in excess of the confirmed fare are not partially refunded, their full value is used.
• Turbo Ticket Trade-Up may be used towards any of Harbour Air’s goFARES (goGOLD, goFLEX, goFAST or goLITE), and may be used on all domestic routes. Confirmed flights carry the goFARE conditions they are booked under, not the conditions of the Turbo Ticket.
• Sorry, Turbo Ticket Trade-Up is not valid towards scenic tours, private or international flights.
• A valid credit card is required to hold all advance bookings, though is not charged until check-in.
- How do I buy Turbo Tickets?
- Turbo Tickets are sold exclusively online, in limited releases throughout the year. Sign up to hear about our next sale by email and don't miss it - Turbo Tickets sell out fast!
- How do I use Turbo Tickets to fly standby?
- Are you a Turbo Ticket holder? Lucky you! Turbo Tickets are valid for standby travel only and subject to availability. Need to fly confirmed? You can now choose to boost your Turbo Ticket, exchanging it from standby to a $50 credit on any confirmed seat.
While seats are not guaranteed, here are a few tips on how to best use your Turbo Tickets to fly with Harbour Air:
• Arrive early to list for standby - You’ll have the best chance to fly when you’re higher in the queue. We prioritize our standby Turbo Ticket passengers on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Bring a piece of photo ID and your Turbo Ticket - Passengers are required to show a piece of government-issued photo ID at check-in. You’ll also need to present the actual Turbo Ticket so make sure to bring it with you!
• Pack accordingly - Look for the luggage icon on your ticket to find out how much complimentary luggage allowance is included.
• Enjoy the complimentary amenities while you wait - Our Customer Service Agents will do their best to confirm you on a flight as soon as space becomes available. While you wait, please enjoy some of our complimentary amenities such as WiFi, newspapers and magazines, refreshments, and great views.
• Travel smart by planning ahead - flying using a Turbo Ticket sometimes requires flexibility. If you’re flying on a tight schedule, you might consider trading up your Turbo Ticket for a confirmed flight, which you can do at the terminal or in advance. Read more about Turbo Ticket Trade-Up below.
- Who can use a Turbo Ticket?
- Great question! Your Turbo Tickets are yours to use or share as you wish. Turbo Tickets are fully-transferable and they never expire! Please see the conditions below regarding use of Turbo Tickets by unaccompanied minors (11 & under).
- Where can I fly with a Turbo Ticket?
- Turbo Tickets are valid for one-way, standby travel on any domestic scheduled flight operated by Harbour Air Seaplanes, Whistler Air and Saltspring Air. Sorry, Turbo Tickets are not valid towards scenic tours, private or international flights.
- When can I fly standby with a Turbo Ticket?
- Turbo Tickets may be used all day Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays. Monday through Friday, Turbo Tickets may be used on flights departing between 9:00 am and 2:30 pm.
Still have questions about Turbo Tickets? Call our Reservations Centre at 1.800.665.0212 to speak with a friendly Reservations Agent!