SaltSpring Air / Harbour Air FAQ’s
It's an exciting time at Harbour Air as we welcome a valued partner and grow our service yet again. With a continued commitment to be "The Islander's Airline" and the resources of the world's largest seaplane airline, the sky really is the limit! We know you may have questions about what this partnership means to the SaltSpring Air service that you know and trust. Please read on below and do send us an email if you have any questions that aren't answered here. Looking forward to welcoming you aboard.
When does the official merger between SaltSpring Air (SSA) and Harbour Air (HA) happen?
- Starting December 1st, SSA will join the Harbour Air Group.
What does this mean for passengers on either airline?
- We’re all working hard to make this transition as seamless as possible for you, our valued passengers. We understand that there are a few differences between our services and will be continuing to work through all of them to ensure that we make the best decisions that are fair for all. If you have any feedback or comments on our service, we would love to hear it! Please call us at 250.537.9880, 1.800.665.021 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will any of the schedules change?
- Regular SSA passengers won’t see any changes to the current flight schedule from the Island or Maple Bay. Regular HA passengers will see some changes to the current flight schedule as the aircraft dedicated to the route will now originate in both Ganges Harbour and Maple Bay. Bedwell Harbour will operate on a charter basis only with the 5 passenger plane available for as little as $576 +GST.
Are any additional flights planned?
- By working together we are confident that we can offer a more efficient product to our guests. For example, more people per flight means that, in some cases, we will be able to fly the larger, 14 passenger single otter aircraft on this route. In addition, using the 6 passenger beaver aircraft, we are hoping to increase frequency.
Can I still use my SSA frequent flyer tickets?
- Absolutely! All flights originating from SaltSpring or Maple Bay to either South Vancouver (YVR) and Downtown Vancouver will continue to accept SSA frequent flyer tickets regardless of whether you are flying on a SSA or a HA branded aircraft!
Can I still collect Beaver Miles?
- Starting December 1st, please contact us to have your points transferred over to Harbour Air’s frequent flyer loyalty program at par. We would be happy to take care of this for you by phone or at any one of our counters. When redeeming points for travel or services, please be assured that the combined value for all points will be honoured. For more information on the Frequent Flyer loyalty program, please click here.
Who do I call to book?
- Please continue to call either company! We’re all here to help! To reach the SSA office in Ganges Harbour, please call 250.537.9880 To reach the Harbour Air contact centre, please call 1.800.665.0212. Please note that in some cases, depending on time of day, the Harbour Air call centre may be open when the Ganges office is not.
Is the baggage allowance the same between both companies?
- Yes! The standard baggage allowance is 25lbs per person for both companies regardless of the type of aircraft allocated to your flight.
How do I book online now?
- On December 1st, if you have booked online with SSA in the previous 2 years, you will automatically receive an email from Harbour Air with your new account number, temporary password and instructions on set up. If, for any reason, you do not receive this email or have any difficulties setting up your new account, please don’t hesitate to contact us at either 250.537.9880 or 1.800.665.0212 and we’d be more than happy to help.