Flying with Fido - Pet Carriers Now Available For Rent
Don't just take your pet for a walk, take them for a flight! When you fly Harbour Air, your small and medium-sized pets can too! And now it's even easier with pet carriers available for rent at our bases. Rental carriers are 14" x 14" x 21" and are rated to hold pets up to 20lbs.
Carriers are available to rent at the check-in counter in our terminals on a first-come, first-served basis (sorry, no reservations available). One way rentals are $35.
Here's a recap of what you need to know when you fly with Fido:
- Safety First! Pets must be traveling in a hard-shelled travel carrier. No part of the animal is allowed to protrude from the carrier. All carriers must be secure and leak proof. Collapsible kennels are not accepted. We want to keep your pet as safe as possible since your pet will be transported in the baggage / cargo area of the aircraft.
- Both travel carrier and the weight of the pet are included in the stated guests luggage allowance, i.e. 25lbs unless stated otherwise.
- Carrier must not exceed 30"L (76cm) X 18"W (45cm) X 24"H (61cm). (Medium Size Kennel)
- Pet Comfort – The pet kennel must be big enough to allow the animal to stand, turn around and lie down comfortably, as per international regulations. If the pet carrier does not allow the animal to do this, Harbour Air reserves the right to refuse transport.
- Multiple pets in one crate will be authorized provided the total weight complies with the stated luggage allowance and pets are used to cohabitation.
- Certified Assistance animals (professionally trained as a requirement under the Canadian Air Transportation Regulations) assisting customers with disabilities may travel without a kennel, free of charge but will require an approved harness (ie. Vest Harness) which will be secured on board. Prior notification is required.
Special thanks to Jack & Willow, our fabulous furry models!