Harbour Air is proud to not only sponsor but be an active participant in BC Cancer’s Ride to Conquer Cancer. Last year our team of 24-riders helped raise more than $80,000. And while we’ve made huge strides ‘rides’ forward, unfortunately, so too has this destructive disease.
So, we’re upping our game and our goal: to $500,000
Our goal: Raise approximately $500,000 to launch a three-year program called LOGIC (Liquid Biopsies of Gastrointestinal Cancers). Biopsies are a standard diagnostic tool for most types of cancers, but can be invasive, are expensive to the medical system and cause considerable discomfort for patients. We will be funding a project to study the efficacy of simply using blood samples to detect cancer in patients.
So What? We’re funding a game-changing new blood test that could act as a crystal ball in predicting a person’s response and outcome to cancer treatment. We can reduce pain, cost, and bring hope to thousands of people facing cancer.
How: How ever we can, whatever it takes.
- 100% of our Share the Fare program, which donates $1 on behalf of every passenger, every Friday, will be donated to the Ride to Conquer Cancer.
- We’re a Peloton Sponsor of this year’s Ride to Conquer Cancer
- We’re entering a team of more than 25 to ride and fundraise all summer long
- We’re hosting community and staff fundraisers to raise support, awareness and as many dollars as we can!
- Want to know more? Our founder and CEO, Greg McDougall, like many of you have been touched by Cancer all too personally. We’re doing it for him, for you and for everyone that’s been affected, lost the battle but never given up hope.
Want to Help? A few ways you can be a part of this initiative are:
- Donating to our Team: conquercancer.ca/goto/HarbourAir2019
100% of every dollar donated goes directly to our program and tax receipts are provided.
- Taking part in our community fundraisers. Weekly BBQs at our terminals, riding kit auctions, Friday Sunset Sessions, and opportunities for special deals on souvenirs are all being launched. Follow us on social media to find out more about our upcoming fundraising events and take part where you can. Again, anything you can give is appreciated.
- Fly on Fridays! Leading up to the ride on August 24-25th, 100% of the funds raised through our Share the Fare Friday’s program will be going towards our team’s goal. Book now!