As part of our commitment to our communities, Harbour Air is pleased to extend several types of standby fares for travel on a space-available basis. The below travel options are available on our domestic scheduled service flights. If available, standby discounted rates are based on our standard goFLEX pricing and varies by route. Please note, as with all airline travel, availability of flights can change quickly, and standby travel is not guaranteed. Check out some of our tips below for the best chances to fly standby!
Our student standby fares, up to 50% off our goFLEX rate, are available for individuals currently enrolled in full- or part-time studies at a post-secondary institution or BC Secondary School. At check-in, students must show current proof of enrollment in the form of a valid student ID card (must show expiry date) or proof of course registration.
Our senior standby fares, up to 50% off our standard goFLEX rate, are available for individuals ages 65 and older. At check-in seniors must show a piece of valid government issued photo ID.
Seniors are also eligible for a 15% discount off our standard goFLEX rate on confirmed travel valid on scheduled service flights from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and holidays. To book a confirmed senior discount fare, please call 1.800.665.0212.
Military & Emergency Services Personnel
Military, fire fighters, paramedics, coast guard, and police officers are eligible for discounted standby fares, up to 50% off our standard goFLEX rate. To be eligible for this rate, a physical copy of a valid workplace identification must be presented. Passengers’ name on the government issued photo identification must match the workplace identification. Eligible passengers are welcome to bring one companion with them at the same fare, as long they are travelling on the same flight.
Military and Emergency Services Personnel are also eligible for a 20% discount off our standard goFLEX rate on confirmed travel valid on scheduled service flights any day, anytime (space permitting). Confirmed fare is valid only for the eligible passenger, sorry, no companions. To book a confirmed discount fare, please call 1.800.665.0212.
Example identification includes:
– Coast Guard identification
– Canadian military identification
– Federal, provincial, or municipal police identification
– Government issued First Responder or Paramedic identification
Turbo Tickets are one of our best, and most desirable ways to fly standby with Harbour Air! Click here to find everything you need to know about Turbo Tickets.
How to fly standby with Harbour Air:
- Arrive early to list for standby – You’ll have the best chance to fly when you’re higher in the queue. We prioritize our standby passengers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bring a piece of photo ID and your proof of standby eligibility – Passengers are required to show a piece of government-issued photo ID at check-in. You’ll also need to present your proof of eligibility for standby depending on which category you qualify for (e.g. student card, police badge, etc.).
- Enjoy the complimentary amenities while you wait – Our Customer Service Agents will do their best to confirm you on a flight as soon as space becomes available. While you wait, please enjoy some of our complimentary amenities such as WiFi, newspapers and magazines, refreshments, and great views.
- Travel smart by planning ahead – Flying standby sometimes requires flexibility. If you’re flying on a tight schedule, standby travel might not be the best option for you. Click here to learn more about our confirmed goFARE options.
Note, all standby fares are for domestic scheduled service flights and are offered on a space-available, standby basis. Please remember, once you have booked a confirmed seat, you may not cancel your booking and fly standby within the same day on the same route.