Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Posting Number: 18-40
Do you have an AME-M1, A&P, IA, EASA B1 and/or B2, LAME, SACAA, or equivalent license/certification? Are you looking to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Do you enjoy working with a close team of supportive professionals? Do you want to commit to an organization with an outstanding record for safety and reliability? Are you searching for an employer who provides amazing perks and works hard to provide a work life balance and stability for their employees? If so, look no further!! We proudly maintain the Harbour Air, Saltspring Air and Whistler Air fleet of aircraft in addition to numerous aircraft for our valued 3rd party customers.
WORK HOURS: Modified work week, 10.5 hour shifts, 4 days on 3 days off.
Location 1: 5400 Airport Road South, Richmond, BC, Canada
Location 2: Unit 1, Burrard Landing, 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Location 3: 4690 Cowley Crescent, Richmond, BC, Canada
TERM: Full-Time Regular (Permanent)
COMPENSATION: $25.86 to $43.80 per hour
BENEFITS: Competitive wage, training and opportunities for growth, extended medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, flight perks (including buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), revenue share, RRSP matching program, discounts at local restaurants and travel partner organizations, personal use of automotive garage, uniform and shoe allowance, staff events and much more!
• Troubleshoot aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems to identify problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and established procedures
• Repair and overhaul aircraft structural, mechanical or hydraulic systems
• Install or modify aircraft engines and mechanical, hydraulic, flight control, fuel and pneumatic systems
• Dismantle airframes, aircraft engines or other aircraft systems for repair, overhaul and cleaning, and reassemble
• Perform and document routine maintenance
• Inspect structural and mechanical systems of aircraft and ensure that these systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
• Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, repair and overhaul, or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures
• Assist in training and coaching of Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Technicians.
• AME (M1) license; or A&P, IA, EASA (B1 and/or B2), LAME, SACAA, or the equivalent license/certification and be eligible to obtain the AME (M1) license from Transport Canada upon arrival in Canada.
• Trade school certificate
• Excellent communication skills with good command of English both written and spoken, required.
• Due to nature of industry, the ability to work flexible schedules including: evenings (currently latest finish time is 0030), weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast paced and safety sensitive environment.
• Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
• Committed to the four values of our company – Safety, Integrity, Customer Service and Team Spirit.
• Ability to carry out physically demanding tasks at both water and land bases in all weather conditions.
• Piston and Turbine engine experience (R985 and PT6), ability to carry out sheet metal repairs.
• Aircraft maintenance experience with DeHavilland DHC 2, DHC3(T), DHC 6, PC-12, Cessna 208, or similar aircraft type.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting 18-40 AME.