DHC-2 Pilot (Full-Time Seasonal)
Posting Number: 17-78
Are you looking to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? Do you enjoy working with a close team of supportive professionals? Do you want to commit to an organization with an outstanding record for safety and reliability? Are you searching for an employer who provides amazing perks and works hard to provide a work-life balance for their employees? If so, look no further!!
The Harbour Air Group is seeking an experienced, safety and service oriented seaplane pilot to fly a DHC-2 aircraft based in Vancouver, flying scheduled and charter flights in the Southern British Columbia Coastal Regions.
WORK HOURS: Shifts will vary based on operational needs. Shifts will include working weekends.
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
TERM: Full Time Temporary (2018 summer season)
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive wages, flight perks (including buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), discounts at local restaurants and partner organizations, uniform and shoe allowance, staff events and much more!
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Liaising with DOC, CSA’s and dispatch to gather information about the route, weather, passenger loads and aircraft
• Working out a flight plan, including the route, flying altitude, weather and NOTAMS
• Managing weight and balance of aircraft for each flight
• Supervising the loading and fueling of the aircraft
• Carrying out pre-flight checks on all aircraft
• Communicating with air traffic control/dispatch through all phases of flight
• Liaising with CSA’s, DOC, and dispatch in flight coordination
• Liaising with Maintenance and Records regarding aircraft maintenance, record keeping and logbooks
• Making regular checks on the aircraft's technical performance, position, weather conditions and air traffic during flight
• Communicating with passengers regarding safety procedures
• Using Aerostudies for exams, reading Memo’s and reference library
• Maintaining safety standards in compliance with Harbour Air’s Safety Management System including online safety occurrence reporting
• Safety First – An individual and team oriented commitment to safety
• Minimum 1500 hours PIC fixed wing
• 1000 hours floatplane, including 500 hours PIC floatplane
• Transport Canada Commercial Pilot’s License
• Current Class 1 Medical
• Exceptional customer service orientation - the willingness to take service to a higher level
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced team environment
• Preference will be given to pilots with DHC-2 aircraft and coastal experience
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR GROUP
• Launched in 1982, Harbour Air is North America’s largest seaplane airline. It flies more than 450,000 passengers annually, including commuters and tourists throughout coastal British Columbia.
• Our people are the backbone of our organization and we are committed to creating a culture that inspires one another to achieve extraordinary success. We have regularly been honoured as the recipient of numerous awards including Canada’s Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top 55 Employers, and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting 17-78 DHC-2 Pilot